Two weeks until my due date!
Mommies, I feel your pain. The last few weeks are always the most stressful because of the anxiety of wanting to pop this baby out. For the past 2-3 weeks, I’ve gotten checked for dilation and nothing *sheds tear*. Mali has found herself to be way too comfortable in mommy’s belly. I don’t blame her. She has her peace and quiet in there; who wants to enter into a chaotic and loud world?
I find myself every day more anxious to have her. I have everything ready for her; her bed, her clothes, her stroller and car seat. All that’s missing is her. All of our hospital bags are packed and ready but this waiting game is really getting stressful. I’ve tried everything possible to get her out and she refuses!! I’ve gone walking, I’ve done squats. What more?
Today is my 24th birthday and I was really hoping to at least go into labor today and so far, nothing. If you’ve tagged along on this pregnancy journey, you should know that my original due date was June 6. 2016, which was yesterday, the day before my birthday, then it was changed for June 20th because the baby was measuring two weeks smaller than what we were counting. Naturally, I hoped they were wrong in changing my due date and still had hope she would be born around this week but let’s see. I’ve heard that anything can happen in 24 hours so I’m still anxiously waiting on her arrival.
Yesterday I went on a small shopping spree to buy her some summer clothes; when I got home, I started having strong contractions. They started off between 7-10 minutes apart but then switched up on me to 30 minutes apart, so right before bed, I prayed “Lord, please let me have this baby on my birthday”. Yes, I know, it sounds funny that I prayed over that lol, but I did. No contractions so far, though. Which I’m ok with. I know she is going to arrive at the perfect moment, but I can’t wait to hold my baby girl in my arms.
- Stretch marks : Plenty. I thought I would make it my entire pregnancy without them but when I hit 8 months, they just popped out of nowhere. Mind you, I avoided scratching and kept my belly moisturized. But at the end of the day, the stretch marks are worth it.
- Weight gain : I’ve held off posting my weight, but now that I am at the end of pregnancy, I feel comfortable enough to share it with you guys. My pre-pregnancy weight was 135 lbs. Now my pregnancy weight is 154 lbs. So I’ve gained a total of 19 lbs. Not too shabby!
- Cravings : Sweets. Sunflower seeds. And of course, sushi, but I have to wait until after I have Mali to indulge on those.
- Contractions : Braxton Hicks have hit me since 7 months pregnant but lately I’m getting them a lot more through out the day. Yesterday (as I stated above), I got contractions between 7-10 minutes then every 30 minutes. Today, I’ve only felt 1 worth documenting.
- Movements : I’ve got a little hyper child in there!